Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Grumble grumble...

I'm just a little ball of rage. I was yesterday and I am today.

Quick run down of what I ate yesterday- breakfast was a homemade turkey biscuit and a little bit of hash browns, lunch consisted on three pieces of string cheese, an apple, an orange, and some home grown cherry tomatoes, and dinner was "fancy franks" which consists of tomato sauce, colby cheese, andoille sausage (instead of hot dogs), milk, spices, and rotini pasta.

On to the anger! One of my co-workers (I won't name her) says she "goes the extra mile" but actually just makes more work for me, just to save an international customer $50. Neither of us get paid more for this extra work and the customer's not going to abandon us over the cost of shipping anyways. It drives me nuts.

This woman is thin and obsessed with being so. Today she announced to the office that she's going on the "cabbage soup" diet again, the one hospitals give to fat people to make them lose weight rapidly before surgery. She claims she does this several times a year when she "needs to get rid of all this extra weight." This "extra weight" might be five pounds. Maybe.

I'm not sure what I'm more mad at- her lack of concern for her own health or the fact that she feels she needs to announce it to everyone. She doesn't exercise and no matter how many times I tell her that this would make her healthier, she's just "too tired." Well of course she's too tired, she's getting no energy from the food she's putting in her body. Cabbage is fantastic for you, but so are apples.

Our FedEx rep brought in soft pretzels and she made a huge show of not eating them because of her "diet." I haven't wanted to punch someone in the nose more than I do now. Do I express my opinions to her or do I just let her destroy herself?

No comments:

Post a Comment